The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) will host three free trainings on New Critical Designation of Natural Gas Infrastructure Rule Requirements in Corpus Christi, Fort Worth and Midland in January 2022.
The RRC recently adopted rules and forms for critical designation of natural gas infrastructure during energy emergencies as specified in Senate Bill 3 and House Bill 3648 passed by the 87th Legislature (Regular Session).
These events will train attendees on requirements for new rule 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §3.65, relating to Critical Designation of Natural Gas Infrastructure, including filing two forms.
- Form CI-D, Acknowledgement of Critical Customer/Critical Gas Supplier Designation, and its attachment would be submitted by an operator of a facility designated as critical acknowledging the facility’s critical status.
- Form CI-X, Critical Designation Exception Application, and its attachment would be submitted by an operator certifying a facility seeks an exception to critical designation because the facility is not prepared to operate in a weather emergency.
The trainings are free, but registration is required. Registrants are required to be a company under RRC jurisdiction, such as an oil and gas operator or pipeline operator with an active Organization Report (Form P-5) or a Local Distribution Company (LDC). Also, registrants are required to register using their work email address. To register, visit the Eventbrite website.
- Midland — 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 6, 2022 at the Bush Convention Center at 105 North Main Street in Midland: https://critical-infrastructure-training-midland.eventbrite.com.
- Corpus Christi — 10 a.m. to Noon on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at the Texas Education Agency’s Education Service Center, Region 2 at 209 North Water Street in Corpus Christi: https://critical-infrastructure-training-corpuschristi.eventbrite.com.
- Fort Worth — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at the City Club of Fort Worth located in the Bank of America Tower at 301 Commerce Street, Suite 400 in Fort Worth: https://critical-infrastructure-training-fortworth.eventbrite.com.